Eskil is another month old. I wish the months weren’t zipping by so quickly. Really. But they are, and probably because I am having so much fun. Eskil is a giggly, happy boy.
A few new things in Eskil’s life:
- Eskil now not just sings to songs his knows, but he’s started wiggling his fingers to ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star’. He’s a genius.
- We go to rock & rhyme at the library every Thursday morning. So more singing! I sing and talk to him constantly. Sometimes I forget other people are around as I narrate my day to him. Oops.
- We’ve gone on a few geocaching bushwalks with Cathy of Fairly Magic. Lots of fun pram caching!!! And mummy gets to talk to an adult!!
- Eskil still loves standing, bouncing on knees, and doing his ‘victory dance’. He also spends a lot of time on his tummy on his mat. He can rotate around clockwise to get at things he wants. But still not sitting or pulling himself up. Strangely, he seems to forget he knows how to roll from his tummy to his back, although he rolls vice versa almost as soon as you put him on his back. He seems startled when he rolls from his tummy to his back, probably because he seems to bump his head when he does it. When he wakes up in the morning, he rolls onto his tummy.
- Daylight savings ending messed his schedule up a bit, but it has been almost a week and maybe things are getting back to normal. He’s still a great sleeper at night.
- Eskil has ‘solids’ of some sort three times a day. I was worried he was having trouble transitioning to lumps, but then gave him fingers of baked butternut pumpkin. He loves pumpkin, so had no trouble biting it with his gums and swallowing. So now we’re moving to other lumpy foods.
- Lottie is still much adored by Eskil. He watches everything she does and laughs.
- Eskil still loves grabbing his toes – and his feet – and putting them into his mouth. This is very helpful while changing nappies!
Here’s just a couple photos I’ve taken during the 7th month of my darling son’s life. And there are always more.
[slickr-flickr id=”21284831@N00″ api key=”916a33914a83be0bcdfd314f95d72d55″ tag=8MonthPost descriptions=on captions=on sort=date flickr_link=on autoplay=off type=galleria delay=10 size=m640]